Friday, December 18, 2009

Wrong side

Friday, December 18 - Junkii has been doing a great job of driving. He has really eased back into driving on the opposite side of the street with very little trouble. But there’s one area where he’s still faltering: and that’s simply getting into the car.

We’ve lost track of how many times he’s walked to the left side of the car with the ignition key in hand, only to shake his head and realize he needs to be on the other side.

Of course I’m not much better. The seatbelt has been giving me a bit of trouble. As a front seat passenger, I expect the buckle to be on my left side. And every time I go to get out of the car, I reach to the left side first.

We’re creatures of habit, aren’t we?

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to rent a car in Australia and I'm sure I'm going to run into the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's worse is that I know it will take me a little time to readjust once I get back to Canada. It did last time we visited Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete