Thursday, December 10, 2009

Jellyfish Sting

Thursday, December 10 - Unfortunately it hasn’t been all smiles and sunshine today. While we spent the better part of the day lounging on the beach beneath the shade of an umbrella and playing in the surf, this afternoon we got stung by Jellyfish. Ouch! Hurts like the dickens.

The jellyfish were pretty thin in the water early in the day, but more and more showed up as the day went on. Hopefully tomorrow they’ll be thinned out again. We’re both a little water-shy right now.


7 comments:

  1. I never went in the water when I was there, it rained the whole time and there were so many jellyfish. I was too afraid you are much braver than me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't rain yesterday. It was too hot and the water looks so inviting. There weren't a whole lot of jellyfish until later in the afternoon. Compared to the jellyfish that I used to seeing at another beach near my hometown, these ones are way smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch! Apparently in Australia if there are jellyfish about, they put up nets so people can still swim in a given area.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nice... I bet that's a benefit of traveling to a rich country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouch! I hate that! Maybe don't play in the waves for me afterall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't nobody teach you to pee on the jellyfish sting???? (um.... i'm not too sure it works though) it's your choice: do you want to be peed on or do you want the pain to go away?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Worse, we poured fresh water on the wounds and only to found out later that we shouldn't have. Oh well, live and learn.

    ReplyDelete