Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Fruit Juice too Far

Wednesday, December 16 - Back on Monday I let down my guard a little too much. I had been having no problems whatsoever with drinking local juices and with ice cubes in Ipoh. So I was pretty confident that I could enjoy the local cuisine without worry.

Wrong.

I ordered a fresh watermelon juice (which was very tasty and refreshing by the way) for lunch on Monday, and I’m pretty sure that’s where I went astray. A couple of hours later, I was having (ahem) digestive troubles, and my appetite was gone altogether.

I felt bad enough that I had to beg off joining the family for dinner that evening – a very disappointing turn of events given that we were slated to have coconut wine that night! I wound up staying home, not eating anything.

Food poisoning sucks!

From the cases of food poisoning I’ve seen before though, this was a mild case. One immodium took care of the digestive problems and while I still didn’t have a very good appetite on Tuesday during our KL trip, I did force myself to eat some bland food to keep my energy level up.

This morning I woke up feeling much better, and I wasn’t feeling dread at the thought of breakfast. Yay! My appetite is back.

I will be more vigilant about fruit juice in the future, but if I want to find a positive in all this, I probably lost some weight by not eating much over the past two days.

No comments:

Post a Comment